It’s May 2020. We are all in the dilemma of “May b this Covid lockdown will be lifted next week or the week after. We don’t see things are they are, instead we see things are we are. Your Happiness/sadness all depends upon your Perspective.
Covid- A reminder of
1. God has kept some things in his hand, actually all the things and he has grounded all the humans on planet Earth.
2. Life is so unpredictable. Live before your time runs out. Express yourself honestly (whether it’s love or hatred) and then let it go. Life is too short to waste time on silly things.
3. All our plannings & plottings of the future can go in bin in the blink of an eye.
4. At Least, now some people get the concept of infecting others by just a sneeze.
5. People who are highly social just realised that they have family too -at home & outer world/society (which they were giving more priority to before covid) is just a mere illusion or their coping mechanism to the adversities.
6. People have started praying more as they think they might get infected & die soon. lol..
7. Health workers are not just soldiers at the frontline in a war, they are real life angels. Coz soldiers die alone in war if they get shot but Health workers are taking their family along (by infecting their own family unintentionally) or few are staying away from their family for humanity.
8.People became more patient by living at home and by not being able to go out.
9. Video calls, Nature & passions became mandatory to keep us sane.
10. Old generation learnt technology like zoom & collective WhatsApp calls.
11. Birthdays/ Anniversaries can be celebrated by just family members at home and that could be fun too.
12. Cooking can be relaxing but not in quarantine when everyone thinks of “ what’s in the lunch” while eating breakfast in morning. Women are fed up with husband/family demands of cooking new dishes everyday.
13. Space is highly important in any relationship. You Cannot live 24*7 even – with your own family/partner.
14. People who can’t live without gym turned their places into gym. Improvised versions.
15. People finding strange stress busters in this quarantine time. Some are doing stuff that they thought they would never do. Some realised that they were just trying to ACT normal while the society was “on the go”. Some started to look at life all together with different perspective. Some are discovering themselves. Some are exploring their partners/family.Some want this to end soon and some don’t want this to end EVER.
16. Human beings are highly social animals. It’s not social distancing that’s effecting them , instead it’s the physical distancing thats bringing insanity. Humans crave for physical touch – especially hugs to feel alive. Oldies ( who are living alone) are scared to hug their own kids that live separately when they come to drop weekly groceries.
17.”No Touch Policy” of the schools is now being followed by everyone in the world. When I entered the teaching culture here in UK ( after teaching in India ), I used to wonder how an isolation can be a punishment for students . Coming from a country where telling off students – was done via completely different approach. I got it now that how isolating a human being can be a punishment too .. lol ..
18. Earth has the impeccable tendency to reset itself every few decades by sending some bird/human flu/diseases.
19. Most frustrated/ Depressed are kids, pets and those who lives alone.
20. Humans have the tendency to adapt in any situation with different coping mechanism. Some are trying their hand on different art forms to keep themselves sane. Cooking, exercises & drawing became as mandatory as sky diving / scuba diving was back then .. lol
21. Staying in bath robe whole day won’t kill you . lol. Work from Home is no fun anymore. People realised how important were those lunch breaks and meeting those mourning colleagues at work everyday. lol..
22. The saddest part of covid is people don’t get to see their own parents/partners during their cremation.
23. Some still don’t understand the concept that they can get infected too & might die. Superstitions barged in as usual .
24. Random acts of kindness by few people restored the faith in humanity.
25. Society can go mad very easily over ANYTHING- they collected life-long supply of toilet Papers and food ( which is now being rotten in their garages).
Last but not the least- This too shall pass.We are stronger than we think. Let’s embrace the uncertainty in our lives and go with the flow. Let’s start with a different perspective. Every stage of life demands a new you. Let go of the things that nature drifted us apart from and welcome the new changes that universe is trying to bring in our lives. Cuddle the new transformations.
Stay Happy and Never Ever Give up.